Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Our family experienced many firsts this weekend. Liam and I left the country for the first time. Sure we only went 2.5 hours north to Ottawa, Canada, but we had to pass through a border station where we had to declare things! Lucky for us we weren't carrying firearms or alcohol.

Gabe and I ate Vietnamese food for the first time and really enjoyed it. I expected it to be spicier and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to enjoy the flavor without a fire extinguisher close at hand.

I met my first internet friend. She is so sweet and nice. I really hope to see her again.

And, the reason for our trip, Gabe ran his first marathon! This has been a goal of his for a few years and now he has done it! I am so proud of him! I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Daddy can't stress the importance of stretching enough!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Daddy is in the center of the picture in the green shirt waiting to start.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After the race started, Liam drove us to the halfway point. Okay, he actually just pretended to drive as we killed an hour or so in the car before walking to the halfway point.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Aftersuch an early start, it is only fair to expect a tired boy to get some rest wherever he can. In this case, it was on the street at the halfway mark of the race as we waited for Daddy to run by.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Liam did manage to wake up in time to hold the sign cheering Daddy on!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Halfway there!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Looking good at the finish line. 4 hours 32 minutes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Liam and I are both very proud of Daddy. Other notable participants in the marathon were a guy who was trying to break the Guinness record for jumping rope continuously through a marathon (we got to see him finish) and 3 fire fighters that ran/walked in their gear for charity.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Sink or Swim

These are the ramblings of an army wife and mother working to keep the family afloat on the turbulent waters of life.

Deployments and secondary infertility are just two of the things between us and the life boats, but I have a feeling we will get there in time.





My Links

Recent History
Archives

Credits
Template by: miz graphics
Photo by: Robyn Anderson

Powered by Blogger


View My Stats