10 Reasons Why I Miss My Soldier: The Winter Edition
1. The bed doesn't get warm fast enough with just me in it. I have had to resort to heated rice bags.
2. I am now on a 24/7 snow shoveling duty whereas before I got breaks when he was home.
3. Watching the snow by candlelight (all the blinds open) just isn't as magical when I am alone.
4. Who is supposed to grab a gallon of milk on the way home now?
5. It is not as satisfying to cook that big pot of chili just for myself.
6. Friends must now stand in as the late night chatter receiver.
7. I am going to be expected to play in the snow whereas before that was a daddy (fun) duty.
8. The holidays. 'Nuff said.
9. Snowball fights with someone who intentionally lets me win.
10. Did I mention the shoveling?
1. The bed doesn't get warm fast enough with just me in it. I have had to resort to heated rice bags.
2. I am now on a 24/7 snow shoveling duty whereas before I got breaks when he was home.
3. Watching the snow by candlelight (all the blinds open) just isn't as magical when I am alone.
4. Who is supposed to grab a gallon of milk on the way home now?
5. It is not as satisfying to cook that big pot of chili just for myself.
6. Friends must now stand in as the late night chatter receiver.
7. I am going to be expected to play in the snow whereas before that was a daddy (fun) duty.
8. The holidays. 'Nuff said.
9. Snowball fights with someone who intentionally lets me win.
10. Did I mention the shoveling?

6 Comments:
I'd shovel for you - I love it. Then again, we haven't yet had to do it this year so that's easy for me to say.
I am sorry you have to be apart during the holiday. A wise friend once told me "There's never a good time to be apart". He'll be home soon and you will make up for lost time.
You and army man are both in my prayers constantly.
By
Tara, at 1:52 PM
I think of you often and I am very sorry you are melancholy and missing your husband. I can only imagine how tough it is. I'll come over and watch snow and eat chilli with you !!!!
By
Sarah, at 2:52 PM
Yeah, it's great to imagine how wonderful snow would be...but the shoveling does suck after a while. I think I'd just let it sit unless regs dicated I had to do it...even then if I had snow to shovel I'd be looking for some teenager and pay them to do it for me.
But it sure is handy to have a guy around at times.
By
Angoraknitter, at 6:45 PM
Bummer-- I hope you can have a good holiday anyway. I guess at least it will be a white Christmas- though I agree, hire someone else to do the really heavy labor!
By the way, consider yourself tagged for the book meme! :)
By
kate, at 2:52 PM
Ahh, I'm sorry. :( No time is eary to be apart, but I know this time is harder than most.
I wish I could help more than offer some words on the PC.
By
Sandy, at 3:31 PM
Just popping by to let you know that I'm thinking about you during the holidays, and sad that your army man can't be with you and your son at this time of year.
By
Heather, at 4:36 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home