On the Needles
My friend had her twins at 32 weeks. I knew I wanted to knit their gifts, but didn't have everything ready to start until after they were born last week. They are all doing well (even mom).
I am now knitting the sweetest little preemie hats and will make them each a blanket to go with it. In the interest of time, I am going to do the blankets in the uber simple Grandma's Dishcloth Pattern only much bigger. We will see how it goes. Right now, though, I am about halfway through the first hat. 5 needles are a little hard to work with until you get a few inches of hat on them.
It is hard to knit such small little things and not feel the longing once again surging in my heart for my own baby.
I am now knitting the sweetest little preemie hats and will make them each a blanket to go with it. In the interest of time, I am going to do the blankets in the uber simple Grandma's Dishcloth Pattern only much bigger. We will see how it goes. Right now, though, I am about halfway through the first hat. 5 needles are a little hard to work with until you get a few inches of hat on them.
It is hard to knit such small little things and not feel the longing once again surging in my heart for my own baby.

3 Comments:
Pictures...I'll want to see pictures.
By
Angoraknitter, at 2:40 PM
I hope you'll post some pictures. I know that mom will be so grateful!
My heart and prayers are always with you and your desire. I can't wait for the day it comes to pass!
By
Tara, at 1:39 PM
Mandy, so glad to see you blogging. I've been checking and checking and checking but I assumed you were busy welcoming Gabe home and moving. Miss you bunches. You and crazy MaDonna Ladonna. Give hugs to all. And please e-mail when you can. Love, tj
By
Anonymous, at 7:15 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home