Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls

Thursday, April 22, 2004

It looks like L will not be having any bloodwork done on Saturday after all. In preparation for the appt we stopped by to pick up the prescription for him. The encounter went something like this (pardon the long script)

Me: I am here for a prescription for my son.

Receptionist: (after getting name) Here you go, have a nice day.

Me: Is there anything I should know/do in preparation for the bloodwork?

R: No, have a nice day.

Me: Do you have a pamphlet to explain this drug to me?

R: No...wait...is it xxx? Okay, it will probably make him very nauseous.

Me: but it is okay to feed him as normal before we come?

R: No, he needs to fast after midnight.

me: And you don't think that that is something I needed to know?

R: Yes, he needs to fast, but it is good if he is nauseous because that means the hormones are raging. (completely missing my point).

Me: I really think someone should have told me about the fasting. You were going to send me out the door without letting me know. He is too young to tell me what is going on so I need to know as much to look for as possible.

R: How old is he?

Me: almost 2.

R:

Me:

Door opens and out comes an older man I have never seen before who turns out to be the endocrinologist. Up until this point we have been dealing with the Nurse Practitioner.

Dr: How big is your son?

Me: about 23 pounds.

Dr: I would really prefer to wait a year to do the test.

Me: Then why was it scheduled for this saturday?

Dr: Didn't you tell Mary (NP) that you wanted it done?

Me: Ummm, no...what I said was that if he is goign to need the test then we need to do it before I move.

Dr: come with me....

And I will have to continue this in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Sink or Swim

These are the ramblings of an army wife and mother working to keep the family afloat on the turbulent waters of life.

Deployments and secondary infertility are just two of the things between us and the life boats, but I have a feeling we will get there in time.





My Links

Recent History
Archives

Credits
Template by: miz graphics
Photo by: Robyn Anderson

Powered by Blogger


View My Stats