Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls

Saturday, December 25, 2004

FEAR

I thought I knew fear before. I have had fear of dangerous things, new situations and people, and sometimes I have been afraid when my husband was driving. None of that compares to the fear I feel right this minute. It is fear for my child.

Yesterday (Christmas Eve) he started to limp around. He didn't appear to be in pain, but he couldn't support his own weight on his little legs. My active and energetic little boy was sitting in laps or, when on the floor, saying "help me" over and over. He was confused and so were we.

This has happened twice before and both times it went away by the next morning or before we could get him in to see a doctor. This morning, though, he seems worse and he hurts.

I would be sad for him if I thought he had injured himself in some way, but this inexplicaple handicap truly terrifies me. There are few things worse than dreading the unknown. Hopefully, the trip we are going to take to the ER in a little while will give us some answers, but I have to be prepared for it not to (there were no answers the first time).



Edited to add:

After 4 hours in the ER on Christmas Day we seem to have a diagnosis. It appears that Liam is suffering from something called Legg-Calves-Perthes Disease and everything I am reading makes me more and more sad. This website has more of the same information.

Now we have a GI referral in Syracuse on January 4 and the need to pursue Orthopaedics as well.

This poor child can't catch a break. Seeing him limp around breaks my heart.

Merry Effing Christmas

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Sink or Swim

These are the ramblings of an army wife and mother working to keep the family afloat on the turbulent waters of life.

Deployments and secondary infertility are just two of the things between us and the life boats, but I have a feeling we will get there in time.





My Links

Recent History
Archives

Credits
Template by: miz graphics
Photo by: Robyn Anderson

Powered by Blogger


View My Stats