Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls

Thursday, December 09, 2004

My day has been a series of "why"s and it is not because my toddler (see cute picture) has started questioning everything under the sun. He, at least, is content with the state of the universe. I am the one who can't seem to get my world figured out.

Why can't I seem to post a picture in my sidebar? (sandy? any thoughts?) Don't even get me started on the lack of links over there.

Why did I take all day figuring out how to post the same picture from below into my signature block for a this discussion site? Really, the laundry remained in the dryer and washer (ick...must rewash), the dishes are still sitting from breakfast and yet I refused to let the picture issue rest.

Why do I care so much?

Why is Jeff Wiggle purple? The other three are primary colors. Purple is very closely related to blue and even can be confused with blue when the color on the TV isn't the best. Why not green? WHY??????

Why can't I get this song out of my head. It really is annoying and bad but it is so darn cute when Liam hee-haws with me. I guess you could say that this is the Downey Family Christmas song. Sad, I know.

Why can't I get in gear and do one small workout. One. I just want to do ONE. DAMN. WORKOUT. I don't want to move mountains, I just want my kid to nap long enough for me to Walk Away the Pounds

Speaking of this, why won't my child nap? WHY????

Why is my dog whiny?

Why can't my husband have a job where he can come home before dark every once in a while. I miss the last year in GA when he had a regular schedule with more predictable hours. I know it was not a "real" army life, but it was nice.

Why do I enjoy watching my son lick the icing off of the cookies we just spent 20 minutes decorating (this was after naptime so the sugar didn't contribute to lack of sleep). Is there anything cuter than a 2 year old with white icing and sprinkles on his face and a naked sugar cookie in his hand? ANYTHING?

Why is it that I wait 29 years to live somewhere that has honest to goodness snow and then IT DOESN'T! Seriously, we have had one small snowfall and it is approaching mid-December. I know...I know...I will be sick of it by March or April, but I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. I can't wait to take Liam sledding and show him how to make a snow angel. Come on already. SNOW!

Why did the storytime at Borders have to stink. It was BAD. Even the fact that I got to drink a yummy coffee concoction didn't save the experience. Liam was so bored he kept turning around to read other books out loud (ad da ay cow moo). I don't think we will be returning there for storytime.

Is the universe truly against me or do I just need to change my routine and shake things up? I really think I need some changes around here.

The plan as we approach winter (though where said winter is I have no idea) is to have at least one activity that gets us out of the house 4 days a week. I don't think that is too ambitious. So far, we have gymnastics on fridays, library storytime (very well done) on Wednesdays, and the option to go to the indoor playground on post whenever we want between the hours of 9 and noon monday through friday.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Sink or Swim

These are the ramblings of an army wife and mother working to keep the family afloat on the turbulent waters of life.

Deployments and secondary infertility are just two of the things between us and the life boats, but I have a feeling we will get there in time.





My Links

Recent History
Archives

Credits
Template by: miz graphics
Photo by: Robyn Anderson

Powered by Blogger


View My Stats