A friend of my husband's was killed recently doing his duty in the Army. His loss will be felt by many. I did not him well and had, in fact, only met him a handful of times. Each and every time, though, he was with his two beautiful daughters and when I think of him I think of what a great father he was. I am heartbroken for their loss and for the void their mother must be feeling.
I am angered beyond belief, though, to know that his funeral was invaded and protested by a vile group. This group is organized as a church, but is like no church I know. I am quite certain that it is not Christlike to picket the funerals of soldiers and harass the bereaved families. I refuse to name the group and I refuse to link to them because they sicken me so much.
Please, keep this family in your prayers at this difficult time that was made even more so by awful people trying to push an agenda in a heartless and disgusting way.
I am angered beyond belief, though, to know that his funeral was invaded and protested by a vile group. This group is organized as a church, but is like no church I know. I am quite certain that it is not Christlike to picket the funerals of soldiers and harass the bereaved families. I refuse to name the group and I refuse to link to them because they sicken me so much.
Please, keep this family in your prayers at this difficult time that was made even more so by awful people trying to push an agenda in a heartless and disgusting way.

8 Comments:
Oh Mandy. I am so sorry for their loss and for the pain you're feeling. My prayers are with you all.
By
Sandy, at 10:30 PM
Oh, how horrible. This is so sad. And I cannot believe that any group, especially a church group, would behave in such a way. Hugs.
By
kate, at 1:04 AM
My prayers will be with everyone.
What a terribly sad and sick time we all share.
By
Tara, at 3:11 PM
Oh wow, Mandy. I know the group you are talking about. Nobody takes them seriously. No one.
I am so sorry about all this.
By
thatgirl, at 2:01 PM
I know one of the congressmen wanted to make it illegal to do such a thing...but I never heard how that turned out. But really those folks should be bared from such acts. I've wondered what I would do if that happened to me. I know for sure I would lack the patients and tolerance to deal with such folks. It sure would get ugly that's for sure.
By
Angoraknitter, at 11:05 PM
I am so sorry for the family's loss as well as how unthoughtful this group was to their grief. I don't think a funeral or any type of event honoring the lost is the right time to be protesting the war.
By
Heather, at 9:29 PM
The real kicker to this group is that they aren't protesting the war. They are protesting the presence of gays in the military and feel that the soldiers who die do so because it is God's punishment for allowing gays in the military.
By
Mandy, at 7:22 PM
WOW! I stumbled on your blog by accident and am totally shocked by this happening. I'm gay and have experienced all kind of harassment and prejudice, but now they're attacking the families of people who have died? This is certainly a new low in disgusting behaviour. How on earth do these people justify this kind of behaviour?
By
Mermaidgrrrl, at 8:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home