Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls
Woodland Falls

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Once upon a time I was so good about keeping this site up to date. Now, it looks like a monthly or bi-monthly post is the order of the day.

I promise to take some pics of my knitting as soon as I get my cameras in working order again. Did you catch that? CameraS. Yes, we have more than one camera that is on the fritz. The knitting isn't all that picture worthy yet, though, so I am not worried.

Life has been interesting. My soldier came home from his 12 week course in Kansas and is slipping right back into life with us. It is nice. It isn't the army without one more heart wrenching threat of move to somewhere remote though. Apparently, they wanted an officer with dh's qualifications at Fort Polk, LA. That happens to be in this division so it would have been an easy admin move even if it meant a complete upheaval for our family right when we thought we were settled in for a bit. Did I forget to mention that the new job would have meant a deployment in just a couple of months? Oh, the real kicker is that all deployments right now army-wide will be 15 months minimum deployments. Sooooo, if it hadn't worked in our favor (and thank goodness that it DID), we would have been moving somewhere almost as remote as Fort Irwin, he would have been deploying for 15 months, and would have only been home with us for 7 months between the deployments once you factored in the 3 months away at school. Nice, huh?

I know I should start working on my writing and think of a more artistic way of saying things, but I am just going to keep going as I am because I miss interacting with my friends through the comments and posts here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Sink or Swim

These are the ramblings of an army wife and mother working to keep the family afloat on the turbulent waters of life.

Deployments and secondary infertility are just two of the things between us and the life boats, but I have a feeling we will get there in time.





My Links

Recent History
Archives

Credits
Template by: miz graphics
Photo by: Robyn Anderson

Powered by Blogger


View My Stats