My dreams of someday being thought of as a great singer (at least in the eyes of my two year old son) have been laid to rest.
Picture a sick child who is grumpy and vocal about his misery.
Picture a tired mother who is not feeling so well herself.
Hear as the mama breaks into song in an attempt to cheer up the child.
Mama: Rubber Ducky, you're the one...
Child: No. No ducky.
Mama: You make bathtime lots of fun.
Child: NO DUCKY NOOOOOOOOOOO
Mama: Rubber Du--------
Child (placing fingers over mama's mouth): shhh, mommy, no ducky. No sing, please.
Even my son doesn't want to hear me sing. Sigh
Picture a sick child who is grumpy and vocal about his misery.
Picture a tired mother who is not feeling so well herself.
Hear as the mama breaks into song in an attempt to cheer up the child.
Mama: Rubber Ducky, you're the one...
Child: No. No ducky.
Mama: You make bathtime lots of fun.
Child: NO DUCKY NOOOOOOOOOOO
Mama: Rubber Du--------
Child (placing fingers over mama's mouth): shhh, mommy, no ducky. No sing, please.
Even my son doesn't want to hear me sing. Sigh

3 Comments:
Oh, ha ha ha, I can totally relate to that. My second child could not stand my singing, though my tone-deaf firstborn loved it. I consoled myself with the thought that maybe she was exquisitely musical, perhaps even having perfect pitch. (She doesn't.)
Hope your son feels better soon!
By
Julie, at 12:50 PM
Ha! I love Liam. ;) And that says nothing at all about your singing since I've never heard you sing. Hmmm, perhaps the next time we actually talk "for real" I'll demand a song. LOL!
By
Sandy, at 10:20 PM
That could have happened at my house. My Freddie, who used to LOVE to hear me sing - who would demand it often - now tells me - NO, mommy, don't sing. Even if I hum, or even mouth the words, I get scolded.
I only get to sing Dominic the Donkey and Hot Potato (Wiggles) and only because they have big WHOO's or HEY's in them.
It's very very sad, isn't it?
By
Sarah, at 1:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home