What I Ask
I thought of the past.
There is so much that we share have shared.
When we met we were barely more than children
Yet together we have grown.
In my life I have known no other
Who could protect and love me as you do
And upon whom I would want to lean.
You have been my refuge and my strength
You have made me laugh and wiped my tears.
My dearest hope is that I have been to you
All that and more.
I gave you my heart and you cherish it.
I could ask no more of you.
I thought of the present.
We have come so far and I am so proud of you.
Our child is our legacy to raise and protect.
You do your part and so much more.
When there is an obstacle in our lives
You meet it head on
With courage and cunning.
When it comes to family you give of yourself
As no other could.
We made a family and you shield it.
I could ask no more of you.
I think of the job you are called to do.
I know that you will act with honor and courage
At all times.
I know that you will continue to hold
My heart and our family safe in your hands.
We will both grow and change
During our time apart, but our love
Is not a fragile thing.
I have this faith in us and you can count on it.
This is what I ask of you.

5 Comments:
There is no use for criticism... you are a natural.
This poem made me cry. You are talented, beautiful and Gabe is very lucky to love you and be loved by you.
Thank you for sharing a piece of your soul.
By
Tara, at 2:22 PM
I'd tell you how beautiful this poem is, but I can't type through the tears. Are you giving this to Gabe?
By
Sandy, at 9:39 PM
Choked up here... What a lovely tribute.
By
kate, at 3:49 PM
Beautiful!
By
Heather, at 10:53 AM
I know you weren't looking for critiques for your poetry and I can see why... this isn't just a poem but your heart typed out in words and that makes it so much more.
Very beautiful sweety and I'm sure he knows how lucky he is as well to be loved so much by someone like you. I keep your whole family in my thoughts and prayers everyday but especially Gabe.
Hugz,
Jo
By
Jo, at 2:18 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home