Cute as a Button and Witty Too?
Recently, we attended Family Night on post to participate in a celebrity reading event. No, not that kind of celebrity. This celebrity is one in name only. The Commanding General of the post came by that night to read a book about deployments to all the little boys and girls.
Commanding Generals, as a rule, are pretty good people persons, but being faced with a room full of preschoolers must have been daunting even to him. He rolled up his sleeves, though, and planted himself in the chair right up front.
It didn't take long for the questions to start flying his way. Leading the pack was my friend's five year old daughter.
General: how are you tonight?
A: My daddy is deployed. He is in Iraq. (she doesn't pull punches at all)
General: Do you miss him?
A: Yes, I do.
General: I miss him too.
another little boy jumped in with his own stories.
Liam then jumped up and raised his hand high. The general leaned forward and said, "Do you have something to say?" to which my son responded, "yes. I am a monkey." No argument there. My son is a monkey.
The general had to wait for the giggles to subside before he could open the book and commence reading. Nobody could ever accuse my son of being shy.
Recently, we attended Family Night on post to participate in a celebrity reading event. No, not that kind of celebrity. This celebrity is one in name only. The Commanding General of the post came by that night to read a book about deployments to all the little boys and girls.
Commanding Generals, as a rule, are pretty good people persons, but being faced with a room full of preschoolers must have been daunting even to him. He rolled up his sleeves, though, and planted himself in the chair right up front.
It didn't take long for the questions to start flying his way. Leading the pack was my friend's five year old daughter.
General: how are you tonight?
A: My daddy is deployed. He is in Iraq. (she doesn't pull punches at all)
General: Do you miss him?
A: Yes, I do.
General: I miss him too.
another little boy jumped in with his own stories.
Liam then jumped up and raised his hand high. The general leaned forward and said, "Do you have something to say?" to which my son responded, "yes. I am a monkey." No argument there. My son is a monkey.
The general had to wait for the giggles to subside before he could open the book and commence reading. Nobody could ever accuse my son of being shy.

2 Comments:
I love Liam. :)
By
Sandy, at 12:07 PM
What a darling little boy. I just adore him!
By
Tara, at 11:50 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home